Irish boy critically ill after toy soap EXPLODED in bath

20th Oct 17 | Family

The three year old has severe burns

A three year old boy is critically ill in hospital after a Paw Patrol soap exploded while he was in the bath.

The boy, from Derry, has serious burns and is being treated at Belfast’s Royal Hospital for Sick Children.

According to Belfast Live his aunt posted a picture of the foam soap container on Facebook to warn other parents about the dangers of the toy.

She wrote: “Our nephew was in the bath (on Wednesday) with this Paw Patrol Foam Soap and it exploded.”

“He’s been rushed to the hospital and has to go to the Royal. Please please keep him in your thoughts and prayers he’s only 3.”

She since told Belfast Live that he has burns to the outside and inside of his body.

A spokesman from the hospital confirmed his condition is critical.

The former Mayor of Derry Pat Ramsey is warning other parents not to use the product and asking businesses to remove it from their shelves.

“They asked me to share to make sure no other child is badly injured by what can only be described now as dangerous.”

“I wound certainly make an urgent appeal to retailers presently selling Paw Patrol Foam Soap to take them off the shelves.”

“The public health departments need to urgently investigate before a young innocent child loses their life.”

“Most importantly our thoughts and prayers are with child and their family at this most worrying of times.”