Phillip Schofield suffers FRIGHTENING 'near-death' experience19th Jun 18 | Entertainment News
"I sat down and it was like I was drifting off down this really weird tunnel."
This Morning presenter Phillip Schofield recalled a terrifying near-death experience on today's show, following a bee sting in his home last night.
The 56 year old who is deadly allergic to bee and wasp stings, kicked off the show today by sharing how an encounter with a bee prompted a significant scare over his health.
Explaining how he missed the England match last night, Phillip shared:
"I was clearing up the kitchen last night and stepped on a bee. I said to my wife straight away, 'I've been stung'.
Thankfully it was on the sole of my foot and it was a small bee."
When co-host Holly asked:
"Did you have your epi-pen?"
"I started to go, like 10 seconds and I'm gone. I sat down and it was like I was drifting off down this really weird tunnel.
My wife was ready with the EpiPen and she was saying, 'Do I do it now? Do I do it now?'"
But thankfully Phil explained that he's okay now.
"Yeah, I'm okay, I'm fine now. I would've missed the match and I'd have missed Love Island!"