Get the look: Jennifer Lawrence's disco twist Oscars hair5th Mar 18 | Beauty
A step by step guide to recreating Lawrence's cool curls.
Usually, ‘Hollywood waves’ rule on the Oscars red carpet, and while there were several stylish examples of the glossy, groomed ‘do at the 2018 ceremony, it was Jennifer Lawrence’s corkscrew curls that really caught our attention.
Perfectly complementing her shimmering Dior gown, the actress’s disco-tastic textured curls are a refreshing change from all the sleek and shiny locks that abound at awards shows.
Plus, they’re more wearable in the real world and easier to recreate your than a complicated updo, even if you’ve got fine hair.
All you need are the right products and a bit of practice in the ‘twist-wrap’ technique.
Here, Zoe Irwin, GHD UK Brand Ambassador talks us through how to create the disco twist look.
1. Prep the hair using GHD Total Volume Foam, £14.95, and dry into the hair using the GHD Air Hairdryer, £99, to create root lift, give fullness and all-over body to your style.
2. Next, twist-wrap hair around the barrel of the GHD Curve Classic Curl Tong, £120, to create structured and defined curls. Twist-wrapping rather than flat-wrapping involves working in smaller sections and will create a more definite wave, rather than a curl. To create this look ensure each section of hair is twisted when wrapping around the tong or wand, to create a spiral effect. This technique is great for thinner hair as it adds texture to the hair.
3. Repeat this technique throughout the hair, curling up towards the parting and alternating each section as you go.
4. Once all of the hair is curled and the waves have cooled, dress out by brushing the hair with a detangling comb to add volume and loosen the waves slightly.
5. Run the top of the warm tong across the top of the hair and in line with the parting to tame flyaways and add polish at the root.
© Press Association 2018