Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Sun, 18 August 2019
(makes 30 cookies)
200g self-raising flour (1 ½ cups)
50g unsweetened baking cocoa (1/2 cup)
5g baking soda (1 tsp.)
1g salt (1/4 tsp.)
227g salted butter, softened (1/2 lb.)
210g light brown muscovado sugar (1 cup firmly packed)
110g granulated or caster sugar (1/2 cup)
5mls vanilla extract (1 tsp.)
2 large eggs
340g dark, milk, or white chocolate chips (2 cups)
150g uncooked porridge oats (1 ¾ cups)
- Heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract with electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in dry flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and oats. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonful’s onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are set but centres are still soft. Number of minutes will depend upon the strength of your oven. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, then enjoy!