Brisket of Beef in a Brioche Bun with Caesar Dressing
Sun, 7 July 2019
For the Beef Brisket:
1 large white onion
5 cloves of garlic with skin on
1.5kg beef brisket
Salt & pepper
Fresh rosemary & thyme
For the Caesar Dressing:
4 large tablespoons of low fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
2 cloves of minced garlic
Juice of half a lemon
3 tablespoons of water
50 grams of good quality grated cheddar cheese
4 brioche buns
4 leaves of baby gem lettuce shredded
2 tomatoes sliced
1 avocado sliced
- Slice the carrots lengthways, cut the onion into rings and place both on a roasting tin.
- Scatter the cloves of garlic and herbs between the carrot and onion and place the brisket on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour enough water into the roasting tin to cover the onion and carrot ensuring not to cover the beef brisket. Cover tightly with tin foil and place in preheated oven of 160C for 2.5 hours.
- After 2.5 hours check the beef brisket and make sure it is tender. Leave for a further 20-30 mins if necessary.
- To make the Caesar dressing place all ingredient in a bowl and whisk together.
- When the beef is cooked, leave it to cool completely before placing on a board and slicing into 5mm thick slices.
- Gently heat a non stick pan or flat griddle and place 3 of the beef slices on the pan and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with a lid until the cheese has melted and flip one on top of the other.
- Toast the brioche buns, spoon Caesar dressing on one side of bun, top with shredded lettuce tomato and avocado, take brisket from pan and place on top.
- Dribble a little more Caesar dressing on top and place brioche bun on top.