Lamb and Feta Burgers
Sun, 16 June 2019
For the burgers:
450g lamb mince
1 red onion
3 clove garlic
2 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon ground cumin
85g feta cheese
1 egg, whisked lightly (to bind)
For the raita:
1 small tub natural yogurt
Fresh mint, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced or chopped finely
- Combine all the ingredients for the burgers in a bowl, keeping half of the egg back and mix thoroughly.
- Check the mix is wet enough to hold together and add more egg if necessary.
- Season the mixture and shape into patties and refrigerate if time allows as this helps to keep their shape
- Cook on a skillet or pan or best, on the BBQ. Cooking takes about 8-10 minutes on each side, checking the middle of one to ensure it is cooked through
- Leave to rest for 5 mins.
- To make the raita, combine the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and mint
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds with a teaspoon
- Chop the cucumber finely and add to the yogurt. Taste and adjust seasoning
- To serve, place the burgers with a dollop of raita into a lightly toasted pitta bread or a burger bun if you'd prefer.