Cumin Yoghurt Chicken with Zesty Couscous
Sat, 15 June 2019
2 cups of Couscous
Squeeze of juice from orange or lime
1.5 cup of water or stock
Handful of chopped coriander or basil
Roughly chopped choice of vegetables: Carrot, pepper, courgette, onion, red onion and/or broccoli
½ lemon & lime zest
2 chicken fillets
1 handful of apricots
1 pinch of cumin
1 pinch of turmeric
Chopped garlic clove
- Put the couscous, turmeric, the lemon and lime zest and orange or lime juice in a medium bowl with a drop of olive oil & mix thoroughly
- Pour over the boiling stock or water until the liquid is a thumbnail above the couscous & cover with cling film
- Meanwhile for the chicken, batten or butterfly out the chicken so it is nice and thin and coat the fillet in yoghurt, garlic, cumin lemon juice & coriander
- Season and either grill or pan fry on a medium heat until tender. Wait 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken and allow to rest.
- For the vegetables, heat a pan and sauté the vegetables until they are cooked (beginning with the harder veg and finish with the greener vegetables that require less cooking)
- Season the vegetables and set aside.
- To assemble, remove the cling film from the couscous & add the chopped basil, any remaining coriander, lime juice & apricots
- Add the vegetables and mix thoroughly and season with salt & pepper. Add any of the remaining juices from the pan as this will impart flavour.
- To serve, place the couscous in a bowl. Slice the chicken and place on top of the salad
- Serve with a wedge of lime & some fresh basil and coriander