Sat, 11 May 2019
For the Crust:
50g caster or granulated sugar
5 mls vanilla extract
50g cocoa powder
1 egg, beaten
250g digestive biscuit crumbs (grind your biscuits in the food processor)
100g desiccated coconut
60g ground walnuts (again using food processor)
For the Filling:
60g soft butter
250g icing sugar
20g custard powder
50 mills cream or full-fat milk
For the Topping:
225g chocolate of your choice (suggest mostly dark)
- Melt the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and cocoa powder over a medium heat. Then add the egg and allow to thicken. When smooth, set aside to cool.
- Combine the biscuits, desiccated coconut and ground walnuts. Then add your cooled chocolate mixture.
- When evenly mixed, press into an ungreased 9 inch square dish and chill for ten minutes.
- Blend the icing sugar, butter, custard powder and cream/milk together in a medium sized bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Spread this mixture over the chilled crust and then place back into the fridge.
- Melt the topping ingredients of butter and chocolate together in a small saucepan on the hob. When smooth and silky, spread evenly over the creamy filling,
- Chill for a further 10 minutes before slicing.