Chicken Cacciatore with Roast Garlic & Parmesan Mash
Sun, 27 January 2019
8 Chicken Thigh Fillets, sliced in two
2 Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced into about 6 pieces, lengthways
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 anchovy fillets
1 red pepper, sliced
A handful of olives
1 tsp tomato puree
1 small glass red wine
300 ml Chicken Stock
1 tin of Tomatoes
2 sprigs of Rosemary
A few Basil leaves to garnish
Salt & pepper
1. Heat a casserole dish over a high heat & add the oil
2. Brown the chicken on both sides and remove to a plate, keeping the thigh meat and breast meet separate
3. Reduce the heat and add the onion. Caramelise well with a pinch of salt. When the onion is well softened, add the garlic, anchovy & pepper.
4. When the veg has softened after a few minutes, add the tomato puree and stir through.
5.Then add the red wine and allow to bubble up and when almost dried off, add the tin of tomatoes.
6. Add the chicken thighs back in and cover with the chicken stock, adding the sprigs of rosemary and the olives
7. Cover and put in the oven for 30 mins then add the chicken breast meat and put back in the oven for a further 10mins.
8. Remove the sprigs of rosemary before serving and garnish with the basil
Roast Garlic & Parmesan Mash
500g rooster Potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
1 bulb of Elephant garlic (or normal garlic)
100g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
2 tablespoons sour cream
A drizzle of chilli oil (how much is up to you!)
1. Place the garlic in a preheated oven at 220˚C, 200C˚ fan gas mark 7.
2. Roast for 30-45mins or until golden and allow to cool. In the meantime, make the mashed potato.
3. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze out the golden paste and mix into the mash potato thoroughly.
4. Add the parmesan, sour