Crispy Pork Noodles ( Pad Kee Mao)
Tue, 11 June 2019
Chef Aisling Larkin is in the kitchen this evening with this delicious recipe.
- 400g pork fillet
- 2 eggs
- 100g corn flour
- 1 litre oil for deep-frying
- 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables ( peppers, broccoli, Chinese white cabbage, red cabbage, baby spinach, beansprouts )
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- Rapeseed spray oil
- 200g soba noodles
- 200g courgette noodles ( zoodles )
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce ( soy sauce will be fine )
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp sugar
- Fresh herbs - basil, mint & coriander
- Mise en Place ( prepare everything first ) - slice and dice the vegetables. Slice the pork fillet into thin strips.
- To make the crispy batter - put the cornflour in a bowl, crack in the eggs and whisk.
- Boil the water and cook the noodles until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil.
- Heat up the wok - spritz with spray oil.
- Stir-fry the vegetables until tender.
- Dip the pork in the batter and deep fry for 4/5mins. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm in an oven.
- Add the noodles into the vegetables. Add in all the ingredients for the sauce, toss and warm through.
- Stir in the fresh herbs.
- Serve in a big bowl with the pork strips on top. Garnish with fresh herbs.