Aged Sirloin Steak, Roast Maris Piper Chips, Dressed Leaves, Mayonnaise
Mon, 12 November 2018
· Drizzle of Collar of Gold Rapeseed Oil (for the steak and the chips)
· 4 Sirloin Steaks
· 4 Medium maris piper potatoes, washed and chipped
· Sea Salt and pepper to taste
· Water to cover the Potatoes
· 2 handfuls of watercress or rocket leaves
· 1tsp Dijon mustard
· 1tsp honey
· Juice of ½ lemon
· 1tbsp red wine vinegar
· 30-40ml Collar of Gold Rapeseed Oil
· 2 egg yolks
· 1tbsp Dijon mustard
· Juice of 1 lemon
· Splash of white wine vinegar
· Approx 200ml rapeseed oil
· 1tsp boiling water (only necessary if the mayonnaise is very thick)
· Cover the potatoes with cold water and add a decent pinch of salt, bring to the boil then simmer until almost cooked
· Pre-heat your oven to 200C, drain the potatoes and place on a roasting tray then season well and drizzle over a generous amount of collar of gold rapeseed oil.
· Whilst the chips are roasting heat a frying pan and season the steak well with salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of collar of gold rapeseed oil to the pan and let it smoke.
· Add the steak and leave to sizzle then turn only when golden and repeat.
· Once well browned on both sides set aside to rest.
For the Mayonnaise
· Add the egg, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard to a bowl and whisk well.
· Season lightly then add the Collar of Gold Rapeseed oil in drops to begin with then a steady stream until you get an emulsification. Taste and adjust seasoning. If it’s too thick add 1tsp of boiling water or a little more vinegar.
For the Dressing
· Add the vinegar, mustard and honey to a bowl and whisk vigorously then add the oil in a steady stream until it emulsifies. Adjust seasoning and set aside.