Wed, 24 April 2019
200g/7oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 level teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
75g/3oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
75g/3oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
A few drops Goodall's Vanilla Essence
80g packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
2. Place the butter and sugars into a large mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well. Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder into the creamed mixture and mix well to form a thick dough.
4. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape a tablespoon of dough around 1 Rolo, covering completely. Roll into a ball.
5. Press one side of each ball into the walnuts, if used.
6. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on an ungreased large flat baking sheet or tray.
7. Bake for 10 minutes until set and slightly cracked.
8. Cool for 2 minutes, remove from baking sheet and cool on wire tray. Once cooled store in an airtight container.