White chocolate melted, chopped orange flavoured chocolate and slivers of orange rind.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C /350F/Gasmark 4. Grease and line an 20cm (8 inch) X 20cm (8inch) square baking tray.
2. Make the short crust base by creaming the butter, sugar and orange zest until light and creamy, stir in the Odlums flour until a dough forms, roll out and lay on the prepared tray, pierce the shortbread with a fork and bake for 15-20 minutes remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
3. To make the caramel layer; place all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the mixture becomes a thick sauce, allow to cool.
4. Make the chocolate layer, in a heat proof bowl over a pan of hot water place the chocolate butter and orange zest allow to melt. Stir while chocolate is melting.
5. When the caramel layer is cold spread with the melted chocolate, decorate with a drizzle of melted white chocolate, chopped chocolate orange and slivers of orange rind. Leave to set before cutting into bars.