Spooky Spider Choc Chip Buns
Tue, 30 October 2018
- 250g / 8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 125g / 4oz Caster Sugar
- 12g / 1/4oz Cocoa
- 50g / 2oz Chocolate Chips
- 1 Level Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Large Egg
- 150ml / 1/4 pint Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 125g / 4oz Butter
- 125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
- 225g/8oz Icing sugar (sieved) mixed with Cocoa Powder for chocolate topping & orange food colouring (mix red & yellow if orange not available) for Halloween
- Plastic Spider/Halloween Novelty & sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas 3.
- Melt margarine and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine all dry Ingredients.
- Mix the egg, milk and vanilla essence into the cooled margarine.
- Now add the wet Ingredients to the dry ones and mix to make a very soft mixture.
- Spoon into bun cases, making each case about two thirds full.
- Bake for 20 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Makes 12 muffins if using bun cases or 8 muffins if muffin cases used.