Halloween Tea Brack
Wed, 24 October 2018
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 350g packet of Shamrock Fruit Mix
- 300ml/½pt Cold Tea
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Good pinch Goodall's Mixed Spice
- Ring or other Charms
- Rowse Honey (for decoration)
1. Place fruit and tea in a bowl and leave to soak overnight.
2. Add sugar, egg, flour and mixed spice and mix well.
3. Wrap ring and any other charms in greaseproof paper and stir into mixture.
4. Transfer to a greased and base lined 20cm/8" round cake tin or 900g/2lb loaf tin.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 170°C/325°F/Gas 3 for approx one hour or until risen and firm to the touch.
6. Cool on a wire tray. When cold, wrap in greaseproof paper and keep for two days before cutting.
7. Melted honey may be brushed over brack before cutting.