Sour and Sweet Rhubarb Crumble
Wed, 25 April 2018
Sour and sweet rhubarb is now in season, so it's prime time to get making a classic rhubarb crumble.
· 175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
· 125g/4oz Shamrock Demerara Sugar
· 125g/4oz Odlums Porridge Oats
· 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine
· 6-8 Rhubarb Stalks, cleaned and chopped
· 4 tablespoons Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
· 4 tablespoons Water
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease an ovenproof pie dish, pyrex bowl or casserole dish.
2. Put the rhubarb, golden caster sugar and water into a saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes until rhubarb breaks down and softens.
3. Meanwhile, make the crumble by putting the flour, demerara sugar and oats into a bowl. Add the butter/margarine and rub into the dry ingredients.
4. Transfer the stewed rhubarb to the greased dish, spread the crumble mixture over this and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
5. Serve with custard, freshly whipped cream or a dollop of Greek yoghurt.