Granny's Apple Cake with Coconut Flour
Wed, 21 February 2018
· 115g/4oz Odlums Coconut Flour
· 175g/6oz Butter or Margarine
· 175g/6oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
· 3 Eggs
· 4 tbsp of water
· 1 level teaspoon Goodall's Cinnamon (optional)
· 3 Apples (peeled & cored)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
2. Beat butter/margarine, sugar and water together. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Stir in the flour and cinnamon, if used.
4. Roughly chop 2½ apples and stir into the mixture, then transfer to the prepared loaf tin.
5. Slice the remaining half apple into thin circles and arrange on top of mixture.
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes approx. Allow to stand in tin for about 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
7. To finish, dust with sieved icing sugar. Enjoy!