Profiteroles and Chocolate Sauce
Thu, 21 December 2017
Catherine is making a decadent dessert of profiteroles with chocolate sauce, the perfect desert to serve over the festive season!
· 65g/2½oz Odlums Strong White Flour
· 150ml/¼ pint Water
· 50g/2oz Butter or Margarine
· Pinch of Salt
· 2 Eggs (beaten)
· Whipped Cream
· 1 small carton Cream
· 150g block Shamrock Dark Chocolate
· Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
· Place water and butter/margarine into a saucepan over a low heat until butter/margarine melts.
· Bring to a brisk boil.
· Reduce heat and add sieved flour and salt.
· Stir briskly until mixture forms a soft dough and leaves sides of saucepan. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
· Add the eggs gradually and beat until mixture is smooth and shiny.
· Drop dough in tablespoons about 3" apart onto a greased baking sheet.
· Bake 20-30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
· Remove from oven and slit along one side. Cool on a wire tray.
· When cold, fill with whipped cream and serve with hot Chocolate Sauce.
· Warm cream over a low heat.
· Add the chocolate and stir until chocolate has melted. Do not allow to boil.
· Serve warm over Profiteroles.