Pete The Vet
Tue, 19 June 2018
Dog owners in Galway are being warned to be extra vigilant this summer after a young dog was left fighting for her life as a result of a deadly lungworm parasite.
And with the warmer weather posing more risks to our dogs - joining us this morning is our resident vet Pete Wedderburn to highlight the dangers of this new parasite.
Signs of lungworm
- Breathing problems
- Abnormal bleeding
- General dullness
- Neither cats nor humans are affected
Dogs most likely to be affected
- Young dogs (less than four)
- Dogs that eat slugs and snails
- Dogs that like chewing grass
- Dogs that have not been recently wormed