Baby Chicken & Veggie Burgers
Thu, 13 June 2019
2 chicken breasts
4 cloves roasted garlic
Juice & Zest of 1 lemon
50g (1 cup) breadcrumbs
1 red bell pepper finely diced
150g frozen peas
Black pepper to season
1 tablespoon Rapeseed oil
Baby brioche buns
Goat/Cheeddar cheese slices
Cos lettuce sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Add the chicken and garlic to a food processor and process until it turns into a smooth paste.
- Pour in the egg, lemon juice and zest, turn on the food processor again for a moment until they are fully combined, then place the mixture into a bowl.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, bell pepper, frozen peas, then season with a little pepper and stir well.
- Take a baking tray and line with parchment paper, then drizzle over the rapeseed oil. Use your fingers to spread evenly on the paper.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into baby sized burgers, then place onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the meat is cooked through (this will depend on the size you make them so just check the inside to ensure they are cooked through).
- Serve on a baby brioche bun with a slice of cheese, tomato and lettuce.
No Added Sugar Kid-Friendly Lemonade
8 Lemons juiced
40g mint leaves
1 lemon thinly sliced
- Blend the pineapple and lemon juice together until it turns lovely and smooth.
- Pour into a jug, then add the mint leaves and top with ice.
- To serve, 1/4 fill a glass with the juice mixture then top with sparking water, then stir.
- Add a little slice of lemon and drink!