2 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into cubes
2 large carrots cubed
2 bell peppers roughly chopped
1 courgette cubed
2 x 400g tins chickpeas
2 handfuls of kale (optional)
Small bunch fresh thyme leaves
1. Heat the rapeseed oil in a large pot over a medium heat then gently fry the onions until they become translucent, then add in the garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute until it is cooked but not browned.
2. Stir in the tomato puree, then add the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices and stir well.
3. Add the sweet potatoes, carrots, peppers and courgettes along with the chickpeas. Stir well and bring the liquid starts to bubble.
4. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid, then leave to cook for around 30-40 minutes until the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
5. Finely chop the kale if using and add to the pot along with the thyme leaves. Cook for about 3 minutes.
6. Serve the stew in bowls with a few extra thyme leaves.
7. For babies who are doing baby led weaning, add the soft vegetable chunks into their bowl along with a little of the soup mixture. Squash the chickpeas slightly to make them super safe, then let them get to work.