Plum Cake (Dairy Free)
Thu, 11 October 2018
A simple cake, the plums can be substituted with chopped apples, blueberries or raspberries. Ideal for afternoon tea or for something sweet in the lunchbox.
Preheat oven to 175C
Line an 8” square baking pan with parchment paper.
225g Plain Flour
¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Mixed spice
170g Caster Sugar
60ml Vegetable oil
½ teaspoonVanilla extract
3 Plums sliced
· Whisk together the flour, baking powder and mixed spice in a bowl and set aside.
· In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the eggs and sugar on a high speed until pale and fluffy.
· Reduce the speed of the mixer and slowly pour in the oil. Add the vanilla extract.
· With the mixer on slow add in the flour mix and beat until just combined.
· Carefully fold in the sliced plums by hand and then spread the mixture into the lined tin.
· Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and a cake tester or skewer comes out clean.
· Cool in the cake pan, then turn out and cut into squares or bars.
Liberally dust the tops with icing sugar.