These gorgeous little tarts are very simple to make and will have the kids devouring them for breakfast. Our Keelings berries of course make these look and taste irresistible. These tarts would be ideal as a healthier dessert also. The cases can be stored in an airtight container and between pieces of baking paper for up to 4 days. It is best to fill them right before serving.
For the granola tart cases
75g coconut oil
100g pecan nuts
135g rolled oats
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling
400g Supervalu Greek Yogurt
400g Keelings berries
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C / 140°C fan assisted. Arrange eight 8-9cm, loose-bottomed tart tins on a baking tray and set aside.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a medium pan on the hob or bowl in the microwave.
3. Meanwhile, roughly chop the pecan nuts by hand or in a mini blender.
4. Add the pecans to the melted coconut oil along with all of the other ingredients for the tart cases. Stir together until well mixed.
5. Spoon about 50g of the mixture into each of tart tins and using the base of a small glass, press the mixture into the tins to flatten out on the base and to line up the sides evenly.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes until crisp and golden.
7. Remove and leave to cool completely.
8. To serve, carefully remove the cases from the tins. Spoon 50g of the Greek yoghurt into each tart case. Arrange the berries on top and serve immediately.
The tart case mixture also makes for a great granola. Simply spread it out on a large tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
Nathan Diamond shares a delicious recipe for Oyster Leek and Potato Soup, one of the Oyster recipes to celebrate the CLIFF Oyster Festival, running throughout the month of September in Cliff at Lyons, Cliff Townhouse and Cliff House Hotel.